Job Title – Stockroom Supervisor, Full Time, Westgate Oxford
Ted’s Mission Statement Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
Purpose The Stockroom Supervisor role is to support the management team and location in accomplishing excellence. Through effective supervision of the location stockholding, the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised and to be a proactive ambassador of Ted, who understands and promotes the company “Mission Statement” and “Vision”.
Roles and responsibilities
- Build good rapport with the team, ensuring excellent teamwork and integration, always working with integrity and respect for others
- Have an ability to instruct others and adapt to differing people and situations
- Ensure the stockroom team cooperate and communicate effectively with all team members and customers in line with the principles of GOTFAT.
- Drive the stockroom team to work with enthusiasm and at a fast pace to support store performance.
- Champion the accomplishment of Ted’s School of Excellence training and standards within your team
- Be proactive in use and delivery of effective training and incentives
- Be confident in developing others, monitoring and evaluating performance and highlighting relevant observations to management.
- Consistently display personal motivation to inspire and drive the team
- Be effective in communicating with the management team, providing feedback on tasks and highlighting any issues
- Possess excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Actively support the recruitment and on-boarding of the stockroom team.
- Actively drive and document your own learning to contribute to the success of the team and location.
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop relationships with Operations and Tedquarters departments.
- Display excellent product knowledge as outlined in TSE, such as, 6C’s
- Use all available tools to keep up to date on and highlight key fashion and location trends and customer reaction
- Have in-depth knowledge of stock KPIs such as; depth, weeks cover, overstock and best & slow sellers in order to effectively manage the stockholding
- Maintain a high level of personal presentation to reflect the brand
- To have an in-depth understanding of store performance and how the effectiveness of stock handling impacts on this
- Ensure speed and efficiency is maintained when carrying out daily stockroom tasks in order to enhance the location standards and success
- Responsible for thorough and systematic replenishment of the sales floor and fulfilling all additional team and customer stock requests
- Have a strong commercial awareness of our competitors and local markets communicating findings to the management team
- Ensure team are aware of current targets, promotions, and campaigns in store.
- Ensure all operational procedures are carried out as outlined in OperaTED and completed to set deadlines
- Implement clear and organised routines, ensuring that efficiency is maintained, making suggestions for improvement when necessary
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliveries and transfers are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for implementing all stock administration routines and supporting the accurate recording and processing of stock movements in and out of the location
- Drive the successful preparation, processing and results of store stock takes achieving and improving on stock KPI targets
- Partner with the location management team to ensure successful preparation of seasonal sale and exit plan as per OperaTED guidelines
- Support the management team in ensuring all other communications, particularly back of house and stock directives, are followed up.
- Manage housekeeping procedures for the location including; stationary orders; archiving; filing systems etc.
- Be proactive at completing and delegating tasks correctly and on time following company policy and procedures.
- Implement and maintain immaculate stockroom and back of house standards, to ensure that the brand is represented at its highest level
- Adhere to and support all Company health and safety procedures. Use equipment properly reporting any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Be point of contact for all stock room areas.
- Adhere to and follow up on all loss prevention measures, protecting the assets of the company by reporting any misuse or theft of Company property to a member of management.
Ted’s Core Competencies
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies
Getting Green with Ted…
We are always looking for ways to reduce the amount of Carbon, Water and Waste that we produce as a business, and to add sustainability into every decision made within Ted Baker. You role will incorporate reducing Ted’s impact on the Environment and you will be instrumental in helping us make the business that bit more sustainable. The role of Stockroom Supervisor will be actively Green in:
- Due diligence in the care of props and products to ensure longevity and minimal waste
- Lights, plug sockets, monitors and phone chargers all use power; Switch them off
- Thinking sustainable – What is it made of? Where does it come from? How is it packed?
- Recycling use of paper and products.
If this sounds like you, please send an up to date CV, FOA Stephanie, to firstname.lastname@example.org