Create an outstanding store environment that drives customer loyalty, high staff retention and delivers high revenue results through strategic thinking, planning, and delivering.
To be accountable for the smooth running of The Neal’s Yard Remedies stores. To lead, coach and develop the team, inspiring them to provide our customers with an exceptional customer experience, sharing a passion for the brand, our products and store.
- People Management and Leadership
- Inspire and manage the team, leading by example, with enthusiasm and energy.
- Develop the team to always put the customer first, setting an example of how to deliver positive and memorable customer experiences. Successfully deliver our ‘delighted’ experience in store.
- Champion self-development within the team, ensuring team members attend company training, share knowledge gained, and develop their product, beauty, and health knowledge.
- Promote a positive, honest, kind, and inclusive working environment, supporting and listening to the team’s needs, and ensuring they are treated fairly and feel excited to be part of the store team.
- Work with the therapy team to understand the therapists’ needs and develop a trusted and respected therapy business within the store.
- Be accountable and directly manage the Recruitment of our store teams working with our internal recruiter to ensure we recruit likeminded people that will become brand ambassadors.
- Accountability to ensure the welcome and induction of all new recruits is completed professionally and in a timely manner, to give each team member the chance to develop and become part of the Neal’s Yard Remedies success story and know the expectations from Day 1.
- Be accountable and manage people and performance issues, seeking guidance from the People and Development team, ensuring all NYR process are stringently followed.
- Engage the teams by regularly providing clarity of business goals and ensuring that the store teams understand their own personal contribution to the business goal on a weekly basis.
- Set the standard and manage team to ensure it is achieved.
- Share knowledge with the team and with customers to help customers find the best products for their needs. Build a memorable relationship so that loyal customers come back time and again.
- Be an expert on all skincare, medicinal products, therapies, and the customer journey to deliver sales and profitability of the store.
- Promote theatre and activities in store to deliver the best journey and customer experience, with activities to draw customers into the store.
Grow the business:
- Deliver and achieve revenue targets set by the business across each store location.
- Ensure the store is always presented to an excellent standard, working with Head Office departments to deliver the highest quality in all store operations and service.
- Ensure the team have an eye for detail so standards are always maintained.
- Develop and foster close relationships within the stores local network to drive footfall to store activities and events and build the profile and optimise brand opportunities alongside the marketing teams.
- Have a solid understanding and awareness of business profitability and targets and review and analysis the stores KPIs to drive performance through anticipating sales opportunities and forecasting challenges.
- Be accountable, execute and deliver the P&L for each store location in line with the company strategy.
- Develop an annual business plan through analysing business performance to create action plans to deliver the desired overall company strategy.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships across the business and externally to ensure each store’s needs are met and objectives delivered.
- Ensure operational excellence in the day-to-day running of each site including, for example, health & safety, stock, and security.
- Ensure all reporting and administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure rotas are accurate and meet the needs of the store and are provided to the team 6 weeks in advance. Report accurate payroll information on time.
- Accountable for payroll costs to remain in line with budgets.
- Ensure all People and Development paperwork is up to date across all sites.
- Engage in our positive health and safety culture.
- Notify the company of any potentials risk to your, or your colleagues, health, safety, and wellbeing whilst at work.
- Cooperate with the company by following processes and training provided on health and safety.
- Engage in our positive health and safety culture by following the guidelines set out in the Store.
- Manager H&S Responsibilities sheet
- Accountable for the fire detection, protection and other health and safety equipment, such as emergency lighting and first aid kits, is kept to a good standard in store.
- Accountable for the relevant health and safety information for the stores is kept up to date.
- Overall accountability to ensure that health and safety inductions are completed for all new starters on their first day.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of managing a stand-alone store, multi-site experience. Managing from afar would be an advantage.
- Beauty experience and/or qualifications not essential but desirable.
- Passion for and/or knowledge of natural therapies.
- Experience in delivering on commercial objectives through a service-led approach.
- A collaborative, positive approach and able to work with people at all levels.
- Able to inspire the team to deliver results.
- Honest, fair and kind with the team, customers and colleagues.
- Confident and comfortable to demonstrate products, such as mini-facials and arm massages.
- A true people person with the natural ability to build rapport with customers.
- A passion for learning and development, both for themselves and their team.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good office skills, including Microsoft Office and basic numeracy skills.
- Fastidious personal hygiene and high personal presentation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible in approach to working hours.
- Naturally embodies the values contained in the ‘Essence of Neal’s Yard Remedies’.