Our Chefs are responsible for the preparation and production of high quality, tasty food. They work alongside other colleagues to prepare meals to the required specifications while maintaining highest levels of hygiene and safety practices. They ensure we serve the perfect plate every time. Under the direction of the Head Chef this role is for someone who takes pride in producing great food regardless of how busy it gets and is keen to develop a career in this field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver the perfect experience by preparing, cooking and serving the perfect plate every time.
- Ensure that the kitchen opens, operates and closes to the required standards.
- Creates a great atmosphere for guests by using team spirit to create a fun and homely place to be.
- Partner with the front of house team to deliver a smooth service, sharing information including customer feedback and menu availability.
- Receiving of all goods deliveries and make the required quality checks, reporting any damaged, inferior quality, shortages goods to the suppliers and senior person on duty.
- Ensure all invoices and delivery notes are checked, signed.
- Ensures all food storage and product rotation maximises potential profit of our product.
- Maintains all working utensils and equipment to maximize life span to operate to full capacity.
- Understands and upholds the ‘Guest Allergy’ steps of service and related control procedures.
- Understand and uphold the ‘Guest Allergy’ steps of service and procedures to protect guests when dining.
- Ensures all Health & Safety guidelines including Hygiene, HACCP, COSSH are complied with at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times by reporting any hazards, cleanliness or maintenance issues in a timely fashion to the manager in charge.
- Act as a role model to colleagues, by displaying a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Complete the relevant training required of your role within the given time frames, and uphold the company standards at all times.
- Where required, mentor and coach new colleagues, actively contributing to their success in their new role.
- Support other departments and restaurants as required of the business.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests made by management both locally or groupwide.
Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Physically able to stay on their feet for long periods and lift heavy loads
- Ability to learn and apply all brand standards and procedures
- Well-presented with a clean method of working
- Willingness to develop team members and self
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Has great communications skills with good level of English
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Falgun Dalwadi at: firstname.lastname@example.org