Our Assistant Managers have excellent communication skills and take the lead in the restaurant in the absence of the General Manager. They are strong leaders who use their experience and business knowledge to develop the team and ensure consistent delivery of the best food and drink experience for our guests. Assistant Managers are motivated by the opportunity to influence the success of the branch through effective management and continuous personal development.
ROLE DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATION:
- Inspires teams to reach their full potential through leading by example, coaching and performance management thus contributing positively to team retention.
- Positive and productive contribution to all management and team meetings or any other business meeting to which attendance is required.
- Actively participate in recruitment for the restaurant, ensuring adherence to process at all times, including the required right to work checks.
- Immediately communicate to the relevant people any changes in policy and procedures, or directives from senior management
- Maintaining the restaurants compliance with any and all city, national and legal requirements.
- In the absence of the General Manager, responsible for the security of the site, its money, and its equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring adherence to food and service procedures in order to grow and protect the company brand
- Monitoring and delivering service as defined in the Steps of Service and company issued guidelines
- Support the General Manager and training champion to host group or individual training sessions in order to maintain high levels of knowledge and skills in the team
- Ensure training records are maintained and compliance training is completed in the required timeframe
- Accurately reports all financial information as required according to deadlines, actively seeking to interpret and offer analysis of the figures.
- Contributes to managing costs including labour and stock control without compromising service.
- Drive sales and foot fall to ensure restaurant forecasts and budgets are consistently delivered.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times and resolves any variances.
- Ensure adherence and where required assist in the completion of all due diligence procedures and ensures compliance to all health, safety and hygiene audits and policies.
- Drives employee engagement in the team by applying company and local initiatives designed to sustain team productivity and retention.
- Understand and uphold the ‘Guest Allergy’ steps of service and procedures to protect guests when dining.
- Ensure supervisors and team members reach their full potential through leading by example, regular training, development and performance management.
- Use the tools and resources available, including HGEM, to analyse and drive the guest experience.
- Ensures all team members are inducted and progressed through the company training programmes within the given timeframes and uphold accurate record keeping.
- Ensure staff and managers are adhering to policies and procedures, and act as a role model for all staff.
- Work as a team with front of house, back of house and management teams, as well as colleagues from across the group.
- Pre-empts negative feedback and resolves all guest queries and complaints, by ensuring the complaints handling process is applied
- Ensures all guest feedback is shared with the team and learnt from by way of performance management and or training
- Apply company procedures in relation to absence management, performance management and discipline, and ensure supervisors and front of house team and head chefs are also applying the required standards
- Prepare and host daily team briefings, ensuring a well-executed, varied series of content, using the Team Briefing sheet at all times.
Successful individuals will be able to display attitude, behaviours, skills as follows:
- A great working knowledge of our food and beverage product
- Proven management experience in a similar establishment
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to analyse and influence financial targets
- Ability to influence and ensure delivery of all company brand standards
- Knowledge and experience of upholding legal requirements of the role and restaurant operation
- Remains calm under pressure and displays great organisational skills
- Well presented with excellent written and spoken English
- Demonstrates ability to coach and develop the team
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work independently as well as manage and delegate to a diverse team
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Falgun Dalwadi at: email@example.com