Department Specialist, 40 Hours, Maternity Cover
Ted’s Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading lifestyle brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer.
In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’ Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
The role of the Department Specialist is to support the management team and location in accomplishing excellence. To manage the visual presentation of the store with keen commercial awareness, in order to enhance performance. To support the smooth running of the location by demonstrating the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised and to be a proactive ambassador of Ted, who understands and promotes the company “Mission Statement” and “Vision.”
- Build good rapport with the team, ensuring excellent team participation and working with integrity and respect for others.
- Consistently display personal motivation to inspire the team.
- Be proactive in use and delivery of effective training and incentives.
- An ability to instruct others and adapt to differing people and situations.
- Display good time management, be proactive and complete all tasks correctly and efficiently following company policies and procedures Product
- Use all available tools and information to keep up to date on current product and be proficient in product details such as Called, Colour, Composition, Cost, Care, Cut (The 6 C’s.)
- Demonstrate comprehensive location product knowledge such as: best sellers, underperforming categories, depth of key lines, stories, stock levels and customer profiles.
- Promote and implement merchandising standards, replenishment procedures and housekeeping standards to ensure that Ted is represented at the highest level.
- Proactively plan and complete all specific VM, merchandise and retail directives in timely way
- Deliver effective product placement throughout Ted’s retail floors, communicating your strategy and monitoring and responding to the results.
- Be responsible for ensuring team are demonstrating GOTFAT with enthusiasm and consistency both online and offline, understanding the impact of actions on the customer experience and sales.
- Display an excellent understanding of customer profiles and use of both online and offline sales techniques in order to build loyal customer relationships, promoting clientele opportunities.
- Consistently display an in-depth knowledge and interpretation of location figures to support the achievement of targets and KPI’s.
- Ability to successfully drive the team to achieve the location’s performance targets.
- Use all available tools to ensure the presentation of product is commercially considered and maximises sales potential
- Drive awareness of brand promotions, marketing activity and campaigns to the team and customers.
- Ensure the teams effectively capture customer data at PoS – where relevant – and understand how this actively informs customer relationship management
- Build and maintain a strong commercial awareness of our competitors and local markets communicating findings to the management team.
- Keep yourself and team up to date, and take an active interest in engaging with Ted’s social media activity.
- A strong digital focus with the ability to embrace and drive new initiatives, helping to support new ways of selling and brand profile enhancements
- In the absence of the Location Manager or Deputy Manager be confident in delivering all daily Operations.
- Adhere to and support all Company health and safety procedures. Uses equipment properly and reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to and follow up on all loss prevention measures and protect the assets of the Company by reporting any misuse or theft of Company property to a member of management.
- Be competent in supporting and being responsible for cash handling and banking procedures.
- Support the management team in ensuring all other communications and directives are followed up. Ted’s Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply via the Ted Baker website or email your CV to Stephanie.email@example.com