Curzon is a BAFTA award winning integrated film company incorporating distribution, production, an On Demand service and cinemas. Our Family consists of - Curzon Cinemas, Curzon Artificial Eye, and Curzon On Demand.
As the leading independent cinema chain in the UK, Curzon Cinemas have been offering a luxury cinema experience alongside quality film programming since we first opened our doors in 1934. Curzon is a brand that has stood the test of time, evolving to meet the demands of audiences and the fast changes of a dynamic film industry but the same thing drives us as it always has – offering films that we believe are worth sharing, that spark conversations and stay with you long after the lights have come up.
Purpose of the Role
To adhere to the agreed kitchen standards and to ensure that the cinema’s bar and restaurant have consistent and high levels of customer service. To work closely with the management team in order to maintain high standards and food quality.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, going above and beyond customers’ expectations.
- Always be welcoming, professional and approachable.
- Take professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all Curzon products
- Act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times, including other areas of the business such as Curzon Home Cinema and Curzon Artificial Eye by demonstrating the brand values.
- Be a problem solver, look for creative ways to find a positive outcome to any problem, with the customer experience always being the primary driver.
- Use your expertise to provide guidance, support and training to other members of the Curzon team.
- Working with the Events team to provide a professional experience for any clients using Curzon as a venue to host an event.
- To comply with Curzon’s policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
- To be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure Personal safety and security as well as that of customers and colleagues.
- To undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- To comply with all areas of health and safety
- To complete all due diligence paperwork accurately
- Fully conversant in all food specs, preparation and kitchen procedures and to have good food knowledge in order to manage food delivery to excellent standards.
- Works towards consistency of standards, with strict regard for health and safety regulation
- Maintains the general state and maintenance of the kitchen
- Adheres to all open and closing operating standards including food hygiene records
- Ensures food items are stored correctly and in rotation to minimise wastage using labelling and dating processes
- Engages with promotions and events, designed to appeal to the needs of different customers’ groups within the business
- Personable, approachable and welcoming demeanour.
- Desire to provide top class customer service at all times.
- Positive, proactive and common sense approach
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as to take direction from management when required
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times
- A strong work ethic
- Experience of working in a customer service or hospitality environment.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film, cinema and a passion for Curzon and what it stands for.
Curzon is proud to be a Living Wage Employer.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with Line Chef Oxford in the subject heading.