Curzon is a BAFTA award winning integrated film company incorporating distribution, production, an On Demand service and cinemas. Our Family consists of - Curzon Cinemas, Curzon Artificial Eye, Curzon Home Cinema, Fusion Media Sales and Curzon Connect.
As the leading independent cinema chain in the UK, Curzon Cinemas have been offering a luxury cinema experience alongside quality film programming since we first opened our doors in 1934. Curzon is a brand that has stood the test of time, evolving to meet the demands of audiences and the fast changes of a dynamic film industry but the same thing drives us as it always has – offering films that we believe are worth sharing, that spark conversations and stay with you long after the lights have come up.
[Purpose of the Role]
To manage the kitchen to agreed standards of food safety and food quality. To work closely with the management team in delivering excellent customer experience through smooth and efficient food service. To manage costs and meets forecast as set out in the budget and to be responsible for training and developing a competent team.
- Lead the kitchen team in building a service focussed, enthusiastic, engaged, knowledgeable and committed team
- Provide training, development, coaching and communicate the team’s further training needs to the General Manager
- Manage individual and team performance to deliver company standards and policies.
- Motivate, maintain and improve staff morale and retention levels, by encouraging a fair working environment through open feedback and communication
- Prepare and participate in weekly meetings with Managers to follow up on KPI’s.
- Be fully conversant in all food specs, preparation and kitchen procedures and to have excellent food knowledge in order to manage food delivery to excellent standards.
- Ensure that dissatisfied customers are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Review and resolve any customer feedback in weekly management meetings and will share customers feedback with the team and delegates actions from it
- Work towards consistency of standards, with strict regard for health and safety regulations
- Maintain the general cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen
- Ensure that purchasing takes place only with nominated suppliers and their products
- To be fully aware of, knowledgeable and focused on all Legislative and Company Standards and procedures e.g. Employment Law, Licensing Laws, Health and Safety, Food Safety, and the administration and training required to ensure compliance with EHO and internal audits
- Adhere to all open and closing operating standards including food hygiene records
- Ensure the cinema trades profitability to agreed margins - includes wage margins and food margins.
- Ensure food items are stored correctly and in rotation to minimise wastage using labelling and dating processes
- Engage with promotions and events, designed to appeal to the needs of different customers’ groups within the business
- Manage for Profit; focuses on successfully converting sales into profit to achieve and exceed targets.
- Review team rotas to optimise quality service and food to every customer with the participation of all of the management team.
- Adhere to financial policy, practices and procedures
- Encourage a problem solving and ‘can do’ attitude, trust the team and delegates to promote
- Develop, motivate and reward a ‘winning’ team and is passionate about food and customer service
- To comply with Curzon’s policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
- To be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure Personal safety and security as well as that of customers and colleagues.
- To undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- Hold oa Food Hygiene Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Personable, approachable and welcoming demeanour.
- A proven track record of leading a team to provide top class customer service at all times.
- Solid commercial acumen and demonstrable success in delivering against KPIs.
- Demonstrates patience and the ability to remain calm, to adapt and think on your feet
- Strong communication skills, confidence and natural leadership.
- A demonstrable ability to effectively delegate tasks.
- Positive, proactive and common sense approach.
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative.
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times
- A strong work ethic and professional demeanour.
- Experience of working in a management role in a similar customer service or hospitality environment.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film, cinema and a passion for Curzon and what it stands for.
- This is an ideal position for an experienced Sous Chef looking to take the next step in their career.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with Kitchen Manager Oxford in the subject heading.