Curzon is a BAFTA award winning integrated film company incorporating distribution, production, an On Demand service and cinemas. Our Family consists of - Curzon Cinemas, Curzon Artificial Eye, Curzon On Demand, Fusion Media Sales and Curzon Connect.
As the leading independent cinema chain in the UK, Curzon Cinemas have been offering a luxury cinema experience alongside quality film programming since we first opened our doors in 1934. Curzon is a brand that has stood the test of time, evolving to meet the demands of audiences and the fast changes of a dynamic film industry but the same thing drives us as it always has – offering films that we believe are worth sharing, that spark conversations and stay with you long after the lights have come up.
Purpose of the role
The General Assistant is the face of Curzon Cinemas providing an excellent service to our customers so as to enhance the experience they have every time they step into one of our cinemas.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, going above and beyond customers’ expectations.
- Always be welcoming, professional and approachable.
- Take professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all Curzon products and look for opportunities to promote and sell, including membership, food and Beverage and Curzon Home Cinema.
- Act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times, including other areas of the business such as Curzon Home Cinema and Curzon Artificial Eye by demonstrating the brand values.
- Be a problem solver, look for creative ways to find a positive outcome to any problem, with the customer experience always being the primary driver.
- Use your expertise to provide guidance, support and training to other members of the Curzon team.
- Working with the Events team to provide a professional experience for any clients using Curzon as a venue to host an event.
- Work in all areas of the business in line with the requirements of the cinema and in line with the instructions of the cinema management team.
- Be responsible for financial transactions, in line with financial procedures.
- To comply with Curzon’s policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
- To be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure Personal safety and security as well as that of customers and colleagues.
- To undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- Personable, approachable and welcoming demeanour.
- Desire to provide top class customer service at all times.
- Positive, proactive and common sense approach.
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as to take direction from management when required
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times
- A strong work ethic
- Experience of working in a customer service or hospitality environment.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film, cinema and a passion for Curzon and what it stands for.
Curzon is proud to be a Living Wage Employer
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with General Assistant Oxford in the subject heading.