Curzon is a BAFTA award winning integrated film company incorporating distribution, production, an On Demand service and cinemas. Our Family consists of - Curzon Cinemas, Curzon Artificial Eye, Curzon Home Cinema, Fusion Media Sales and Curzon Connect.
As the leading independent cinema chain in the UK, Curzon Cinemas have been offering a luxury cinema experience alongside quality film programming since we first opened our doors in 1934. Curzon is a brand that has stood the test of time, evolving to meet the demands of audiences and the fast changes of a dynamic film industry but the same thing drives us as it always has – offering films that we believe are worth sharing, that spark conversations and stay with you long after the lights have come up.
[Purpose of the Role]
The Food and Beverage Manager will work closely with the other members of the management team to drive revenue of Food and Beverage on a day to day basis. This will be achieved through managing the restaurant operations specifically in terms of customer service, team training and development, and stock management. Their main KPI’s will be Spend Per Head and Gross Profit.
- Work with the rest of the management team to provide leadership in the delivery of excellent customer service at all times, going above and beyond expectations and ensuring others in the team do so too.
- Be responsible for the P&L with the rest of the management team and for hitting the targets set for the cinema, particularly Spend Per Head and Gross Profit.
- Ensure the cinema’s compliance with Curzon’s Food Safety policies and keep up to date with and changes in food safety legislation
- Be responsible for the stock management of the cinema including orders, stock take and cost of sales
- Be responsible with the General Manager for managing the team including HR tasks such as recruitment and employee relations.
- Ensure robust training is provided to staff to enable them to deliver the F&B offer consistently and effectively
- Work with the General Manager to control labour costs, including writing and communicating rotas in line with labour budgets where applicable.
- Consistently drive Food and Beverage revenue in the site, maintain bar displays and service standards as well as communicating offers to the team and customers alike
- Take professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
- Support the kitchen team to deliver the food offer and team training
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all Curzon products and look for opportunities to promote and sell, including membership, food and Beverage and Curzon Home Cinema.
- Act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times, including other areas of the business such as Curzon Home Cinema and Curzon Artificial Eye by demonstrating the brand values.
- Be a problem solver, look for creative ways to find a positive outcome to any problem, with the customer experience always being the primary driver.
- Work with the Events team to provide a professional experience for any clients using Curzon as a venue to host an event.
- Work in all areas of the business in line with the requirements of the cinema and in line with the instructions of the cinema management team.
- Be a key holder for the venue, opening and closing on quiet shifts.
- Act as a point of escalation for any customer queries when the most senior employee on shift.
- Induct and train new members of the Curzon team using your expertise to provide guidance and support in accordance with Curzon values.
- Assist the management team with running events.
- Manage the cinema’s facilities, including contractors alongside the rest of the management team.
- Comply with Curzon’s policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
- Be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure Personal safety and security as well as that of customers and colleagues.
- Undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- Personable, approachable and welcoming demeanour.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Food or kitchen background
- A passion for food, beverage and cinema
- A proven track record of leading a team to provide top class customer service at all times.
- Solid commercial acumen and demonstrable success in delivering against KPIs.
- Demonstrates patience and the ability to remain calm, to adapt and think on your feet
- Strong communication skills, confidence and natural leadership.
- A demonstrable ability to effectively delegate tasks.
- Positive, proactive and common sense approach.
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A problem solver with ability to work under your own initiative.
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times
- A strong work ethic and professional demeanour.
- Experience of working in a management role in a similar customer service or hospitality environment.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film, cinema and a passion for Curzon and what it stands for.
- This is an ideal position for an Assistant Manager with a hospitality background looking to take the next step in their career.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with F&B Manager Oxford as the subject heading.