Curzon is a BAFTA award winning integrated film company incorporating distribution, production, an On Demand service and cinemas. Our Family consists of - Curzon Cinemas, Curzon Artificial Eye and Curzon Home Cinema.
As the leading independent cinema group in the UK, Curzon Cinemas have been offering a luxury cinema experience alongside quality film programming since we first opened our doors in 1934. Curzon is a brand that has stood the test of time, evolving to meet the demands of audiences and the fast changes of a dynamic film industry but the same thing drives us as it always has – offering films that we believe are worth sharing, that spark conversations and stay with you long after the lights have come up.
The Duty Manager has an essential role to play as part of the cinema management team. The Duty Manager will lead by example providing excellent customer service, be a problem solver, maintain high standards and will provide support and guidance to members of the Curzon team.
● Provide excellent customer service at all times and ensure others in the team do.
● Act as a point of escalation for any customer queries when the most senior employee on shift.
● Proactively look for ways to improve the experience for every customer.
● Be welcoming, professional and approachable.
● Take professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
● Have a thorough working knowledge of all Curzon products and look for opportunities to promote and sell, including membership, food and Beverage and Curzon Home Cinema.
● Act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times, including other areas of the business such as Curzon Home Cinema and Curzon Artificial Eye by demonstrating the brand values.
● Be a problem solver, look for creative ways to find a positive outcome to any problem, with the customer experience always being the primary driver.
● Working with the Events team to provide a professional experience for all customers and clients using Curzon as a venue to host an event.
● Be the first line of technical support.
● Be a key holder for the venue, opening and closing across a variety of shifts, ensuring full compliance with health and safety, financial and security procedures
● Induct and train new members of the Curzon team using your expertise to provide guidance and support in accordance with Curzon values.
● Edit the labour management system, input rota information into Fourth.
● Order stock and take deliveries
● Assist Managers with programming and scheduling when required.
● Assist the management team with running events when required.
● Work in all areas of the business in line with the requirements of the cinema and in line with the instructions of the cinema management team.
● Support the General Manager and Assistant Manager in driving the business to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) such as Spend Per Head or Mystery Shopper Visits.
● To comply with Curzon’s policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
● To be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure personal safety and security as well as that of customers and colleagues.
● To undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
● To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
● Personable, approachable and welcoming demeanour.
● Leads by example to provide top class customer service at all times.
● Strong communication skills, confidence and natural leadership.
● A demonstrable ability to effectively delegate tasks.
● Positive, proactive and solution-oriented approach.
● Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude
● Willingness to act as an ambassador for Curzon at all times
● A strong work ethic
● Experience of working in a customer service or hospitality environment.
● A genuine and demonstrable interest in film, cinema and a passion for Curzon and what it stands for.
Curzon is proud to be a Living Wage Employer.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org