Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading lifestyle brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
The role of the Deputy Manager is to:
Partner with the Location Manager to drive the business and the location’s achievement of KPI’s, coaching the team to achieve excellence. To be accountable for the successful operational running of the location in the Managers absence
and be an inspirational ambassador of Ted understanding and promoting the Company ‘Mission Statement’ and ‘Vision.’
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work in partnership with the Location Manager with the leadership of the location.
• Work with integrity and respect for others; promoting excellent team participation and ensuring the team and location are presented to the highest standards
• Take ownership of your personal learning to enhance your development, positively impacting on that of the team and location.
• Be responsible for consistent Ted’s School of Excellence training and standards. Deliver other Company trainings to ensure the team are up to date and knowledgeable.
• Be pro-active in developing and coaching others and have a flexible but consistent approach to differing people and situations.
• Confidently feedback on team performance to the Location Manager, Area Manager and Coach Station when required.
• Display high levels of personal motivation and use effective incentives to inspire and drive the team.
• Support the Location Manager to identify and resolve recruitment needs, through effective succession planning and networking.
• Support the Location Manager with the on-boarding of New to Teds (NTT’s) and New to Positions (NTP’s.)
• Use all available tools and information to keep up to date on current product and be proficient in product details such as Called, Colour, Composition, Cost, Care, Cut (The 6 C’s.)
• Display up to date product knowledge such as, key trends and location bestsellers in order to educate team members on how to maximise sales and increase customer loyalty to the brand.
• Responsible for communicating and ensuring implementation of merchandising guidelines, replenishment procedures and housekeeping standards to ensure that Ted is always represented at the highest level.
• Consistently use all commercial tools to liaise with VM and manage product and floor moves to enhance performance.
• Be responsible for maximising sales potential and ensuring the team are expertly delivering TSE.
• Be responsible for ensuring team are demonstrating Greet, Observe, Talk, Assist, Thank (GOTFAT) with enthusiasm and consistency, understanding both online and offline the impact of actions on the customer experience and sales.
• Keep yourself, team and customers up to date, and take an active interest in engaging with Ted’s social media activity.
• Partner with the Location Manager to deliver an effective sales environment through strong understanding of local and customer profiles and shopping behaviours.
• Responsible for driving the team to achieve the location performance targets and KPI’s.
• Assist with managing the controllable elements of the stores profit and loss budgets.
• Coaching team members to deliver an effective and natural approach to sales, aligned to our brand.
• Develop marketing opportunities within the brand guidelines and drive success of all brand promotions, ensuring that all the team are informed and involved in the activities in the location.
• Responsible for driving the team to actively achieve the locations ‘Data Capture’ targets and promoting the use of database building and social media awareness within the team.
• Build and maintain a strong commercial awareness of our competitors and local markets communicating findings to the management team.
• Analyse relevant tools to convey a high level of commercial understanding, identifying opportunities to positively affect location performance (take the business forward) and contribute to management.
• Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of location targets and KPI’s.
• Demonstrate excellent awareness and time management of all communications and directives.
• Appropriately delegate tasks ensuring they are completed on time and in line with Company policy and procedures.
• Responsible for supporting team knowledge and implementation of Company health and safety procedures. Use equipment properly and immediately report any potentially unsafe conditions.
• Responsible for supporting team knowledge and implementation of all loss prevention measures and protects the assets of the Company by immediately reporting any misuse or theft of Company property to Location Manager / Area Manager.
• Responsible for accurate cash handling and banking procedures highlighting and resolving discrepancies as a matter of priority.
• Deliver all daily operations in line with Ted’s operating policies and procedures.
Ted’s Core Competencies:
• Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
• Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
• Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
• Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
• Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
• Take ownership, be accountable
• Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies
Getting Green with Ted:
We are always looking for ways to reduce the amount of Carbon, Water and Waste that we produce as a business, and to add sustainability into every decision made within Ted Baker. You role will incorporate reducing Ted’s impact on the Environment and you will be instrumental in helping us make the business that bit more sustainable.
The role of the Deputy Manager will be actively Green in:
• Due diligence in the care of props and products to ensure longevity and minimal waste
• Lights, plug sockets, monitors and phone chargers all use power; Switch them off
• Thinking sustainable – What is it made of? Where does it come from? How is it packed?
• Recycling use of paper and products.
If you are interested in applying, please email: